Sunday 19 April 2015

Paws to Heaven

'Rocky'
“The loving creatures enters our life
The cute paws crawl into our hearts
Our best friend , our honest aide
Their loving licks, caring glance
Their Tender feel
Giving us Joyous zeal”

They are the companions, fulfilling our lives with unconditional love and only love.  They are so endearing that they can take away all the stress. It’s a privilege to have a pet at home. 

My parents being ardent dog lovers, I have grown up surrounded by pets. There was even a time when we had six of them at home.  They become your friends, siblings and are just like baby, sticks to you when you are at home and wait endlessly when you are away.

The only difference is that they cannot speak otherwise they understand you, listens to your words, familiarize with all your belongings.
I remember my pet dog Rocky used to sit in front of main gate waiting for my brother, whenever he went out. He loved eating all sorts of dairy products. He had this peculiar habit of waking me up in the morning by snuffling loudly by my bed side. He himself used to love sleeping for long hours.

Researchers say that pets are good for mind and soul; people are less likely to suffer depression in the company of pets. Playing with a dog can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine -- nerve transmitters that are known to have pleasurable and calming properties. (http://www.webmd.com)

They give you a sense of closeness, belonging, they help increasing our physical activity which ultimately supports in lowering high blood pleasure.

And as they say death is inevitable and we have to move ahead. The loving memories of Rocky (our pet dog) in our heart are always cherished as we pray to the God to bless his soul and forgive all sins.

'Your paws have left indelible marks of love and care in our life which shall always be remembered and cherished'

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I miss my Alsation Jimmy so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They leave behind such beautiful memories to cherish for lifetime.

      Delete
  2. You said all what I had in my heart Swati..
    A Dog is the best friend a Human can get. I am proud to have one myself.. :)
    Thanks for the post..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They fill in all the gaps and complete our lives with so much love.
      Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  3. I am a dog lover too. I had a Yorkshire terrier in my parents' home and now have a Labrador who is the apple of our eyes. They really are joy and love personified. I am blessed to have Coco in my life. I loved this post, Swati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are apple of our eyes.
      Lots of love and hugs to Coco.

      Delete
  4. He looks adorable! I too grew up with dogs though only one at a time! :) I absolutely agree that pets, and especially dogs, are very therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how stressed out our routine remains , we end up hugging and loving them with just a look at their cute faces and wagging tails.
      Thanks a lot Roshni.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tribute to man's best friend. Sorry to hear that he is no longer with you. He seems like a treasure in your words. Glad you got to know him the way you did. This made me smile and cry, Swati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Shailaja. Indeed he was a treasure. Always alive in our memories.

      Delete