Friday 30 September 2016

Marriage



It dates back to year 2013 when I got married.  Marriage came as a huge shock in my life.  It changed so many things, my place of living, where I had spent good 30 years of my life, my job of 4 years.  Over all these years I had dedicated places for looking after my wardrobe, daily needs and beauty requirement almost anything you can imagine.  Leaving all behind I had to move to a different city.  On the top of it even after almost a year of courtship I never felt much familiar with my then fiancĂ© (now husband).

It was very tough for me to adjust in a joint family. Having lived a very independent life before, I wasn’t accustomed to such a family setup. There was dominance and ego tussles. Time went by; I was living almost a lost life. A weak bond with husband, our marriage started showing signs of detachment. 

Well so is life, gradually with much perseverance of my husband and willingness on my part eventually things started falling into the right place. And now there is happiness, moments of sadness, care, share, faith, love, oneness and commitment.  

I really feel strange when people ridicule the institution of marriage. I really abhor cheap jokes taunted at married couples. Though some are light hearted and funny enough but some are too insulting.  I find marriage is something really sacred and pious.  The partners complete each other. Yes, there are moments of frustration and stress, there is much dissimilarity of attitudes but you have to find a way out. You have to make peace and it is possible only when both sides are willing.  Continuous nudging, poking and nagging each other will never help.  Acceptance, communication and love will make this bond strong. Couples need to have very realistic expectations from each other and never let ego come in between. 

And as per the old saying

Never marry for looks as they may be deceptive,

Never marry for wealth as it is perishable,

Never marry just for sake of it as life will crumble,

Marry only when you are willing to commit yourself to a roller coaster life full of many mixed emotions like love, togetherness, intimacy, lowness, sadness, friendship, worry, anxiety and affection.


(Image – Here)

17 comments:

  1. Unexceptionable,I fully endorse your wise and pragmatic views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My belated wishes to you for a blessed married life. Acceptance, communication and love will make this bond strong. What you have expressed comes out from a truly wise and mature person. This is what I too have said in my recent post. All the best to you in your marital journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes. The bond of marriage is what we make of it. We can ridicule it or accept it lovingly making it strong.

      Delete
  3. Well, as you correctly say ". . . it is possible only when both sides are willing . . ." It all boils down to 'harmony'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking my views. Relationships are possible only when both sides are willing to commit themselves.

      Delete
  4. Marriage is indeed an institution where the bond only strengthens with the 4 C's of care, compassion, concern & commmitment. Glad that things went in harmony between you two gradually. A thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Maitreni. You have said so well. These 4 C's are very essential for a bond to develop.

      Delete
  5. Can I agree more with you Swati, Marriage is truly a beautiful unison of two souls accepted with both the strengths and weakness of either partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I decided to marry Alok, my only reason was - I wanted to live with him or spend the rest of my life with this person. It had nothing to do with materialistic things, barring education. Every marriage goes through ups and downs and it is these events that make the bond stronger. Also, there is a thin line between humor and insult, people often get carried away and dwell on the wrong side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love reading your relationship posts, Swati. I like to see marriage like a sacred temple that when nourished through dedication, care, tolerance and commitment towards the relationship makes both the people feel alive and become a better persons than what they were before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a very useful blog,thank you for sharing this post with us,keep posting like useful blogs.
    For web design & development service contact Multisoft digital technologies, We have Web Design Company in Madiwala

    ReplyDelete