Tuesday 27 September 2016

Overcoming Fear and Worries




Fears and worries are something that eats up half of our happiness.  Most of the time, they are like unnecessary strain on our imagination. Of lately I feel I am getting infected with these negative emotions. I fear and worry a lot. And mostly or rather all the times they are out of my own thought process and nothing grave actually.

Things I excessively worry and fear about:

Fear of suffering or disease in a family member
Fear of accident if any family member is traveling out of city
Fear of loneliness or some strange feeling of insecurity
Fear of losing loved ones
Fear that some calamity is about to befall in my life.

I know we all have these concerns for loved ones but in my case I very easily jump to negative conclusions. I feel these emotions with very high level of anxiety, resulting in stress and a deep melancholic look on my face. No matter how hard I try to get over these troublesome sentiments, ultimately I land myself there knowingly or unknowingly.  

Even slightest of turbulence in daily life gets over me like a storm.

Amidst all this unstable state of mine I am searching for a respite and I believe that it lies within me. I need to grow myself with values of trust and faith. ‘Confidence’ is something I have always lacked. I very well know my shortcomings and the remedy, just need to take the right dose at the right time. The right dose is to be positive and right time is now. 

Hope I am able to practice it on regular basis and come out of my pessimistic world.’

God has given all of us some rainy days, some rainbows and abundant of sunshine. Never lose courage and strength during tough times and cherish the happy moments with smiles and laughters.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. - Benjamin Franklin


(Image – Here)

6 comments:

  1. Very true. I endorse completely. In fact, I have also been a sufferer of this worry habit for a major part of my life but have understood what you have underscored in this blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Jitendra Mathur

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were in college, there was a very peppy song - Dont worry, be happy, be happy man! Your post reminded me of the same. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All passages of this composition flow freely and all words are soft. I pray that you overcome all the obstacles on your path to success. Wish you all happiness.

    ReplyDelete